The case of

Tonya Green, Kaleigh Green, Faith Green, Koi Green, Kara Allen, Chadney Allen


Tonya Green, Kaleigh Green, Faith Green, Koi Green, Kara Allen, Chadney Allen

Victim Race

Info Box

Victim Date of Birth

Info Box

Victim Age
Date Reported

Info Box

Date of Death

Info Box

Case Status

Info Box

Incident Location

Wayne County, Dearborn Heights, Michigan

Body Location

Info Box

Date of Conviction

Info Box

Body Discovered Date

Info Box


Info Box

Who is Gregory Green?

Not much is known about the early history of Gregory Green’s life. However, some sources note that he grew up in a religious household near Detroit, Michigan, attending regular Sunday church services. In his later years, Green would go on to work for the city’s water department and the airport. Gregory Green is no stranger to a run-in with law enforcement.

In 1991, Gregory Green called the police on himself to notify them of his having stabbed his pregnant wife to death with a steak knife. When police arrived at his home, they found his wife, Tonya Green, who was seven months pregnant at the time, had been fatally stabbed over ten times. Green was immediately detained and eventually appeared in court in 1992, where he plead no contest the second-degree murder of Tonya and her unborn child. Green was charged and sentenced to 15-25 years in prison for the brutal murder.

Throughout his sentence, Green was denied parole after he tried four times to be granted access. In efforts to be placed on parole, Gregory Green participated in prison programs and maintained a very clean record. His prison reports showed he only had one incident during his 16-year stay. Nothing about the reports suggested violence, either. In 2008, after serving 16 years of his term, Green was released and placed on parole for two years. In 2010, he had successfully completed his parole term and was essentially a free man.

Fred Harris, a local Detroit pastor, contacted the Michigan parole board in 2005 on Green’s behalf to convince them to release Green. Harris suggested that if Green were to be released, he would be an active part of the community and church. Despite his prior convictions, Fred Harris believed Green was a changed man, and during the time of his incident, he was full of rage. Harris influenced the parole board, and he was released from prison. Gregory must have made an impression on Fred Harris, and seemingly, his daughter.

A few years later, Green would go on to marry Faith Harris, the pastor’s daughter. Faith Harris-Green had two children of her own, Kara and Chadney, before she had two children, Kaleigh and Koi, with Green.

Gregory Green Claims 4 More Victims, 25 Years Later

On September 21, 2016, Green placed another call with local police, informing them he had just shot his family, prompting them to arrive at his door. Green placed the call with the Wayne County Police Department at 1:15 a.m. When they arrived on the scene around 1:20 a.m., investigators found Faith bound together with zip ties, located in the basement of the Dearborn Heights home she shared with Green. According to prosecutors, Faith’s face had been slashed with a box-cutter and her foot had been shot.

Faith’s oldest children were by her side but had both died from gunshot wounds to the head and were also bound together. Faith reported to police that she was forced to watch her older children die right in front of her, shot in their heads execution style.

Her youngest children, 4-year-old Kaleigh Green and 5-year-old Koi Green, had died inside of a car when Green had taped a plastic tube to the exhaust with duct tape. They died of carbon monoxide poisoning, after which Green presumably moved them into the house. Green was arrested early in the morning of September 21, 2016, shortly after the incident occurred.

Investigation Suggests Possible Motive for Brutal Attacks

There was no need for a lengthy investigation, since Green had called authorities on himself in both occurrences. In 1991 and in 2016, Green waited within the confines in his home for police to show up and detain him.

A month after the incident occurred, a medical examiner’s report offered more details as to how the murders came about. The report states that the eldest son was forced at gunpoint by Green to bind his sister and mother up. Faith Green was forced to watch from the basement couch as Green shot both of her eldest children in the head three times.

During the trial, it was revealed that Green had planned the murder the week before it had occurred. Green was shopping in a Home Depot when he bought materials that would assist him in the killing of his two young daughters. Trisha Gerard, the assistant prosecutor in Wayne County, Detroit, said that Green bought piping to attach to his car’s exhaust so he could poison his daughters with carbon monoxide.

During her statement in court, Gerard stated that Green “knew what he was doing” with the murders and claimed that “he had planned it.” Faith would direct her final comments to her ex-husband, the murderer of her children: “You are a con artist, a monster, a devil in disguise.”

During both instances of murder, Gregory Green called authorities on himself and awaited within the confines of his home for them to arrive and detain him.

There were no obvious reasons to suggest why Green would murder his children. During the investigation, police were unable to identify a clear motive, but it was thought that it had been in response to a situation of domestic violence. Court records indicate that Faith had filed for divorce the month before the killings, crediting it to a breakdown within their marriage. Additionally, records show Faith Green had filed for divorce in 2013, as well, but further action was never taken. During that year, she also filed for an order of personal protection against Green, but a Judge denied the request.

Green Asks for ‘God to Help Me’ During Sentencing

After he underwent a psychiatric evaluation, Gregory Green was deemed mentally competent to stand trial for the four murders he was being charged with. Green was charged with four counts of second-degree murder on February 15, 2017. Additionally, Green pleaded guilty to one count of torture, one count of unlawful imprisonment, one count of felonious assault, one count of assault with intent to cause bodily harm less than murder, and possession of a felony firearm.

In his court statements, Gregory Green had confessed to the quadruple murder of his four children while fighting through his tears. He gave no motive for the violent deaths but hoped that God would help his children and himself.

Gregory Green was sentenced to 45-100 years in prison for the four counts of second-degree murder. Green was also sentenced to an additional two years, which must be served first, for possessing a felony firearm. The length of his sentence means that Green will not be eligible for parole again until he is 97 years old, which likely amounts to a life sentence. Green is serving at least 47 years at the Gus Harrison Correctional Facility which is located in Adrian, Michigan. Green will qualify for parole beginning in 2063.

Faith Harris

Despite the tragic circumstances, Faith Harris survived the brutal attack of Gregory Green. Faith Harris was present during the court hearings and was able to deliver a statement of her own. She called Green a monster and told him she “would not suffer as he intended.”

As a result of the attacks, Harris dealt with short-term memory loss, migraines, nightmares, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Faith continues to live in a way that carries on the legacy of her late children. During the time of the incident, Faith was working as a caretaker.